Monday 16 August 2021

Waning August

Well, now half of this month is already over, done and dusted. Autumn is most definitely on its way. And although I am very much aware that it might be wishful thinking, I do think we just might have an early autumn. It is cooler than it generally is this time of year, for one, and it has been consistently for weeks. The temperatures rarely rise above lower twenties. Even when they do, we often get surprise bu a cool breeze that feels and smells autumnal. Like I observed at the beginning of the month, there are signs that generally herald autumn. Even the leaves have started changing colour in some places and generally this is a sure indication. But in any case, we are in the second part of August, so my favourite season is getting closer.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

me too, me too!!! but we are still hot and humid. yesterday we had a lucky cool day and i built a fire on my patio and opened all of my doors and windows. i have yet to find a pumpkin except for that one in the spring and he rotted.