Friday 13 August 2021

Friday the 13th

Today, we are Friday the 13th of August. It is a banal statement and I am not superstitious, but just because I like folklore (even when I don't believe in its veracity, I thought I would mention it here. It is also the one and only Friday the 13th of 2021, so those suffering from paraskevidekatraiaphobia should find this year rather relaxing. For those sufferent from triskaidekaphobia, 2021 is just as scary as any other year. If any of you suffering from either phobias read this post, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Sue Bursztynski said...

Hi Guillaume! Yes, it’s fun to know there is actually a word meaning “fear of Friday the Thirteenth!” I did read somewhere that the Friday the Thirteenth thing only goes back to the 19th century and there was a novel in the early 20th century in which there is a Stockmarket crash on that day.