Sunday 15 August 2021

D&Dr anniversary

A fairly recent BBC article about its rising popularity during lockdown reminded me that I have wanted to blog about Dungeons & Dragons this month. Because as you may know (as I try to mention it every year), y brothers and I started the campaign we still play from time to time in August 1992. I don't know when in the month exactly, but it must have been early or in the middle of August. Our first adventure was too long and a bit too large scale for young characters (and inexperienced players): we had to find a parchment with a lost spell on it, in the middle of a sinister forest. We nevertheless had a lot of fun, exploring a sinister forest, finding ruined temple, dark catacombs and an Orcs' lair. And like I said in this post, from this very first game, we had the foundations on which we developed our characters and their world.

No comments: