Monday 30 August 2021

To rediscover Mary Shelley

Today is the birthday of Mary Shelley. SO happy birthday Mary Shelley! She is of course the author of the classic horror slash tragedy slash crypto scifi novel Frankenstein, which I reread last year during my Halloween's literary countdown. As always, this was a great read. Now, I mention her birthday every year (or at least try to) on this blog. But I have been wanting to know more about her. I recently discovered, thanks to my wife, that there is a tour about Mary Shelley given in the nearby town of Marlow where she lived while working on Frankenstein. It is aptly called Mary Does Marlow. I don't know if I will be able to attend one of the tours before it stops for this year, but if I do I will blog about the experience in the countdown to Halloween. until then, happy birthday again Mary Shelley! A few centuries ago we might have been neighbours.

No comments: