Monday 9 August 2021

The visiting wasps

As I work from home, I like as much as I can to keep the window open. It makes me feel close to the outside world and to nature, if that makes sense. I love to hear the wind blowing in the trees and the occasional red kite. But recently, I have been receiving some unexpected visitors which I could really do without: some wasps show up, generally in the middle of the afternoon. They fly through the open window, fly around the room, then leave... or not. They can stay quite a while. It once happened in the middle of a meeting, which startled me. I generally get rid of them quickly enough. They are a very minor nuisance for now and they only show up occasionally, nevertheless I hope they don't have a nest nearby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love listening to the wind and feeling a nice cool breeze, but when it comes to wasps, I have no time for them!