Thursday 26 August 2021

Sure sign of autumn

Autumn is coming. It will be here soon. It is only a few days away now, as long as, like me, you consider that it starts with September and not the equinox. But it is only one more day. Autumn, like all seasons, is in many ways a state of mind and an atmosphere. Recently I have been blogging a lot about the signs of it coming: the coolness in the air in the morning when evening comes, the breeze, etc. Someone could say that this is all wishful thinking. But there is one sign that does not lie: the leaves changing colours. I have seen it already in the trees of the neighbourhood. One in particular, which I pictures a few days ago. You have no idea how happy that made me, especially since it was a fairly hot day. I think this is going to be a good one.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

we have at least another week of this god-awful weather. autumn can't get here fast enough!

Lady M said...

I saw some aspen on the mountain side turning to gold. So it is on its way!