Tuesday 3 August 2021

Preparing for school

I often say that having a boy as a child allows me to live a second childhood. Which is geat. But being a parent, I discover it these days, also means that one must live again, through your child, the anxieties of childhood, topped up with your own parental concerns. Case in point: my wife and I are working very hard to get Wolfie ready for his first year at school. Which means buying lots of official school clothes and lots of school stuff, all the while trying to sound enthusiastic to him.But I cannot help feeling that time is flying way too fast and that things were simpler when he was a litle baby.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

oh, so understand your days of prepping your little boy for school... oh they get so excited when they get to know so many friends.. you are in for a sweet time seeing all the things your little guy learns..