Wednesday 25 August 2021

The Great Resignation

I don't know if my readers have heard about it, but since the last fewmonths of the pandemic, there is a phenomenon on the job market that has been observed, called the Great Resignation. Basically, members of the workforce have been massively quitting their job, changing career and soon. It's funny, because I have been witnessing it in my current and last job. Heck, I have been part of it, in a way! But yes, this week a colleague in my team resigned due to personality clash and my direct manager found a better position somewhere else. And I counted another person resigning for a better job. I'm glad to know that the employees have the upper hand for now and maybe for a while. I'm happy with my job, but it's good to know there are options available. I remember how miserable I used to feel not solong ago. Now I feel more in control of my career.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

the same thing is happening over here. there are 'now hiring' signs everywhere you look. and, the restaurant business has been devastated. most restaurants have shortened hours because of the lack of employees. you wonder where everyone went and what they are doing.