Friday 6 August 2021

The green jumper that was not green (or was it?)

 As I had mentioned a bit less than a month ago, I need new clothes, so I finally ordered them online. Not many, just a few articles. Among them, a green(dark olive green or forest green, or whatever kind of dark green it was jumper which I thought looked nice. A bit of context of anecdotal importance: I love green clothes, Wolfie loves green clothes (green being its favourite colour), but my wife hates green clothes, or the green colour in general. So I received the clothes yesterday and... The jumper was not green. It looked either black or navy blue, but certainly not green. I checked on the receit and it said I had purchased a green jumper, so it was not my mistake. My wife was quite happy as she thought it looked much better than she feared, but I wanted my green jumper, not a navy blue or a black jumper (I got enough of those), so I tried to get in touch with the shop via their chatline. As I was waiting for someone to answer me, Wolfie said: "But daddy, daddy, it IS a green jumper." And under a certain light, it actually was green. A very dark shade of green, but still. So in the end I went off the chat before someone could answer and I will not try to return the jumper. Wolfie was happy, I was happy, my wife was less happy. And I am now the proud owner of a green jumper that is not always green but really is green.

No comments: