Monday 23 September 2019

Inside the Tank

We went to the local carnival this weekend, one of the special days our little English town (village?) has around the equinox. And among many cool things we did was getting inside this tank. Well, Wolfie and I, my wife did not go in. I blogged before about the fascination I had with tanks when I was young, how much they were central to many of our make belief games, either toy tanks or "invented" ones (the neighbour's gazebo). Getting in a real tank with my thus revisiting a childhood memory. I learned a bit about these engines: this one is called the Spartan and is meant to transport troops. It is of course decommissioned, but apparently the same model is still use in some parts of Africa and if I remember correctly, elsewhere as well. I think Wolfie quite enjoyed his time in there too. Not his favourite kind of vehicle (which is reassuring, as I'd rather not have him become a soldier), but he seemed to enjoy it there.

No comments: