Saturday 21 September 2019

Phone Booth Book Share

Today, we were going to the local carnival today, when I saw that one of the disaffected red phone booth was turned into a library of sorts. It is literally filled with books, as you can see on the picture. Although we were late to the event (we missed the parade), I decided to take a moment to take this quick snapshot. Not the best photo, but it gives you an idea. Now I had heard of this phenomenon which has appeared all around England and the UK, about old phone booth, the typically British ones that are all red, that had been filled with books and where people can take one and leave one. I didn't know we had one here. I think this is a great initiative to promote reading and enhance cultural life in a community. I intend to participate.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's such a great idea! And the old phone booths still get to act as communication devices!