Thursday 26 September 2019

Beware the Seven O'Clock Man

I blogged a couple of months ago about le Bonhomme Sept Heures, a bogeyman from Quebec's folklore who used to scare the bejesus out of me when I was a child. The creature that haunted some of my nightmares and many children before me (and probably some after) freely inspired the horror novel The Seven O'Clock Man, which I bought and already read for my countdown to Halloween. I might blog about it in more details in October and "plug" the novel more formally, but suffice to say now that I enjoyed it tremendously. Enough so I lend it to Blonde Tickler, who has started reading it and apparently is having a ball reading it too. I am quite happy, as not only I am sharing my love of horror stories with her, but by making her read this novel, I am also sharing a part of my culture. I will let you know what she thought about it. Until then, keep your children in after seven o'clock in the evening and beware of shadowy figures you see walking in your neighbourhood around that time. It might be the Seven O'Clock Man.

No comments: