Thursday 20 December 2018

About old toys

Today, we had a small family Christmastime gathering: we saw my wife's brother and sister and their spouse/partner. But sadly not our niece, who was busy today. She still bought Wolfie a present for Christmas, which I might blog about later. You might remember that I mentioned last month the intention of my dear brother-in-law of shipping our way the boxes of old toys his daughter did not need. Well, he was a man of his word: we received loads of toys, all dusty and taking lots of space in the living room. I must admit however that I did not have too much to complain about otherwise: our niece was a tomboy, so there are many very fitting toys for Wolfie: figures of dragons, monsters, knights, one huge castle model (all in pieces of course), he was fascinated by all them and and very happy. And I was quite happy too because I will be able to enjoy them as well. So I am not too unhappy about the outcome in the end, to my surprise.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Jackpot!

Sherry Ellis said...

Sounds like the toys are a good thing!

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The Gill-Man said...

There's something kind of magical about witnessing a collection of toys by a particular child. I recently went through my storage unit, and stumbled across many of my kids old playthings. Stuffed animals, dolls, action figures, playsets...it took me back to when both of them were small. So many good memories tied into them, and I'm sure they'll create new memories for whatever grandkids or nieces/nephews wind up with them!