Monday 24 December 2018

Christmas Days

It is Christmas in less than an hour and I thought that maybe one last time this year I would give a reading suggestion for Christmastime, as this blog is often about books and because 'Tis the season to be reading. If you have time, that is, as I have less and less, especially with a young child. Nevertheless, I am reading at the moment Christmas Days by the aptly named Jeanette Winterson and quite enjoying it. Twelve stories, like the twelve days of Christmas, with... twelve recipes to go with them. So far, it is actually very enjoyable. A lot of them (again: so far) are supernatural (but never scary) in nature, while the recipes are not merely recipes, but filled with anecdotes and autobiographical notes on how she came to discover them. I didn't know Winterson, I think I will read more of her. In any case, this is my seasonal read.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

merry xmas!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Jeanette Winterson is a wonderful author but I did not know of this book -- I will have to get a copy!