Saturday 22 December 2018

Christmas Eve Box

This is a Christmas Eve Box. I don't know if you have it on your side of the world, but here, families have gone crazies for them. You have one for your little one, you put in it things for him or her to enjoy on Christmas Eve, as a sort of ritual and thus stay patient until Christmas. Some special pyjamas, a few DVDs to watch in the evening, a book or two to read before bedtime, maybe some chocolates and candy canes, etc. Although right now it is empty. It was my wife’s idea to buy one. I am not sure if we’re starting a lovely new Christmas tradition or just giving in to more consumerism. But it was bought at a Cancer Research UK shop so our money went to a good cause, if nothing else. And it is quite a pretty box. Also, although it is empty for now, Wolfie loves it. I mean he likes carrying it around and sometimes throwing it. In any case, any suggestions for its content are more than welcomed.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a great idea! I've never seen one of those in Canada here. But some people (including My Rare One and me) do have a tradition where we are allowed to open one Christmas present on Christmas Eve -- just to whet our whistles for the main event.

The Gill-Man said...

I've never heard of this particular tradition, but I like it! Sounds like a great idea! Hope you & yours had a wonderful Christmas!