Thursday 27 December 2018

Not my Christmas meal

Well, not this year anyway, as I has my expat's Christmas. But you see on this picture the Christmas meal my family had for the réveillon, a hearty supper taken after midnight on Christmas morning. Turkey, stuffing, meat pies (pork pies), mashed potatoes, olives, cranberry sauce, applesauce, ketchup for the pork pies and I think I haven't forgotten anything. No salad, but we usually make one on the next day to go with the leftovers. my wife finds it borderline insane that we eat so much and so late, but I always loved this tradition and miss it when I cannot follow it. We are one of the few families in Québec that still follow it: most have this kind of meal on the night of the 24, before they unwrap their presents, and everything is over when Christmas comes. I think it should be properly observed.

No comments: