Thursday 18 May 2017

Holidays in the Lake District?

My mother recently heard about the Lake District from some friends and has decided that she wants to see it. So my parents are thinking about coming around September. And this is when my wife had a brilliant suggestion: we could rent a cottage big enough and all go as a family. This means little Wolfie would be able to spend precious times with grandparents he does not see in person very often and our little family here could have a true holiday, not merely a staycation, in a place we have not seen since 2010, when I really fell in love with it. And also, the cherry on the sundae: they would be autumnal holidays. Which is as you know my favourite season, and incidentally my mother's too. That she is planning for a visit at around this time is no incidental. The Lake District is beautiful at any time, but must be gorgeous in autumn. Of course nothing is set in stone, but I will have then been working on my new job for a while (if everything goes well) and Wolfie will be old enough to go on longer journeys. So I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but we still have a few years when we can take autumnal holidays, so it is a great project.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds wonderful! I hope it comes true!