Monday 22 May 2017

The sandwiches at Greggs

I had wanted to blog about it a while ago, but never got round to it until now. Anyway, our little posh town last year (I think it was last year) got a Greggs counter in one of our petrol station. Sometimes, you don't need much to be happy, or at least to be contented. And this is what happens when I eat something from Greggs. It is one of my guilty pleasures. So when I am both hungry and lazy, I buy myself a tuna sub like the one you see on the picture. This goes way back and it has something to do with my first time in England as a resident. Back in 1999, when I came here to do my Master degree, my very first lunch in England was a tuna sandwich from Greggs. At that time, it was a tuna sandwich and the bread was a bloomer, but still. Nothing tastes like comfort and security like these. So every time I eat a sandwich from there, I think about that first lunch.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

tuna salad sandwiches are comfort food. my mom packed them in my lunch for years when i was little.