Friday 12 May 2017

Fish & Chips Time

It is Friday, thus fish Friday, therefore time for fish and chips. Although ironically enough I did not have fish and chips tonight. This picture was taken a few weeks ago. During Lent, I had fish and chips every week or so. I thought I'd be saturated, and I was... Until now. I am really hungry for them again, the quintessential comfort food. You can have fish and chips in pubs and restaurants, but I prefer them from a chips bar like this one, with lots of malt vinegar. Talking of malt vinegar this is what I answered to the woman at the till when she asked how much of it I wanted on my cod: "As long as it can swim in it, I'm happy." I think this deserves to be a great unknown line. Anyway, I encourage everyone to eat fish and chips, Friday or any other day.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love good fish and chips with loads of malt vinegar. sadly, we don't have very good ones around here.