Friday 26 May 2017

Criminal summer

It looks and feels more and more like summer and I am finally having a better idea of what I will read for the season. There should be a good deal of adventures and crime fiction. Although I read crime fiction all year round, I read surprisingly little so far this year and well, it's might be a reader's cliché to read this sort of genre during summertime, but it does fit the season nicely. And what better way to start it than by reading South African's most famous crime writer Deon Meyer. There is just something about blood and violence in the implacable heat and sun of the African continent. So I have ordered and intend to start Dead Before Dying in the upcoming days. It is his first novel and the only one published in English that I have not read. Anyway, I am looking forward to it and will try to blog about it.

No comments: