Saturday 6 May 2017

Retail therapy?

Now, I don't like going to shops and I only do shopping when it is absolutely necessary, but sometimes, just sometimes, I do fall into the trap of retail therapy. Which happened today. Maybe it is because I turned 40 and thus got into middle age, but I went to buy myself a Fitbit today, with money my parents and my in-law gave me. It is one of these watches that gives you your heartbeat and tells you to get active and how many calories you burned. My wife suggested it and I thought it was a great idea. That must be mid-life crisis. Probably amplified by what's happening in my life. Still, I feel weird doing this. Usually I buy book, not bleeding expensive fancy watches. Even with money that was meant to be used to spoil myself. On the plus side, I have a really cool watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get a big kick out of your blog, our only will turn 40 in early November, she is so upset about it..but I told her considering the alternatives she should be happy as hell she is alive and well and working..Many in her classes from grade school thru graduation from high school and some college have not been so lucky, one only has today, tomorrow is never promised and the future with trump as the president who the hell knows, your wife and son wolfie sound so sweet..enjoy the
fitbit and enjoy every minute~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

Magic Love Crow said...

LOL! Enjoy it!!!