Wednesday 17 February 2016

A house troll

I blogged not so long ago about the Arensbak Trolls. These trolls are not like the trolls of Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore, they are not evil monsters, but more akin to spirits of nature and, since these trolls are for home, they are also household guarding spirits. My brother and have gathered some through the years, thanks mostly to my parents' generosity. This one is mine. It is comfortably set on one of my bookshelves in my bedroom, guarding my books. I was very tempted to bring him back with me, but then I thought better of it: the bookshelves here are already cluttered and this troll has been guarding my books all his life and this is how he should remain. I recently showed the picture to the Ticklers, who thought my troll was really cute and spontaneously said they wanted one like this. Maybe one day I should.

No comments: