Tuesday 2 February 2016

A Clockwork Anniversary

I learned from the Anthony Burgess Foundation's Facebook page that today was the 44th anniversary of the release of A Clockwork Orange.  Maybe my favourite movie, based on the novel from my favourite author. To say that it changed my view of the world is an understatement. It shattered my view about a lot of things, from moral to music, it also made me discover a lot of things about language and civilization. It is the movie of teenage. Here's an article about it where the great Malcolm McDowell is interviewed. And I will end this post with the official trailer. Have a look at it, watch the movie as soon as possible if you have never done so already, if you did, then watch it again soon.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Where have those 44 years gone? When this film came out, I was 15 or 16 and so, being underage, could only get into the movie theatre with an adult. I wanted to see this movie in the worst way because I had read the book and loved it. So I made my MOM take me to see it! "Boy, she was thrilled." LOL! Our arthouse theatre in Edmonton is showing Clockwork Orange this month (I guess to mark the anniversary) so My Rare One and I are going to see it on the big screen. She's never seen it so she's in for a big treat.

Nellie said...

Never saw this film! We were home with 3 young children under the age of 2!:)