Saturday 27 February 2016

A beer from the Copper Dragon

I never judge a book by its cover, or a beer by its label. That said, sometimes the label does not lie. This was the case for the Golden Pippin from the Copper Dragon Brewery, which I drank at the Golden Fleece Inn, allegedly the most haunted pub in York. Not only do they have ghosts, but they have some other interesting critters. For me, a copper dragon is one of dragon races in Dungeons & Dragons. So I had to try a beer from a microbrewery sharing the same name as one of the monsters encountered in our games. Okay so the Golden Pippin is a blonde ale, not something I would usually go for, but it's a dirty blonde, with enough bitterness. I would drink that (in moderation) during a D&Dr game. So the drink will be more fitting to the game than say a cola.

1 comment:

Ms Misantropia said...

Looks great, even though I don' usually go for lighter shade beers either.