Tuesday 9 February 2016

The Year of the Monkey

I know that it was the Chinese New Year yesterday. My wife is teaching children about it and about some old Chinese legends. This year is the Year of the Monkey, as you must all know by now, it seems that it has been mentioned a lot in the medias. Fittingly enough, I bought on my last trip to Montreal an adaptation for children of the story of Sun Wukong the Monkey King, who is one of the main protagonists of Journey to the West. And I didn't even know it was going to be the Year of the Monkey! Unfortunately, as we are crammed with books here and as my luggage was already heavy, I left the book in Montreal. I intend to get my hands back on it as soon as possible and read it before the end of the year. The Chinese one, that is. I should get it on time. Until then, I will read this book, which also features an abridged version of the story of Sun Wukong. So this is how I will commemorate the Year of the Monkey.

No comments: