Monday 20 August 2012

The Rosenkrantz Tower

I am publishing here, with my brother's permission, the tower I mentioned in my earlier blog. He took the photo from his cell (his cell phone, not a prison cell, obviously). It is the Rosenkrantz Tower from the Bergenhus Fortress, or so my brother says. It does not quite look like the picture on Wikipedia.

What can I say about it? The name reminds me of a character from Hamlet. The look of the tower reminds me of course of the medieval times, albeit it was built slightly after. I cannot help think about Dungeons & Dragons watching it. I am a terrible, incorrigible geek I guess. In any case, it is a beautiful tower.

4 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Ha...glad you clarified about what 'cell' it was, as I was thinking that it was part of your brother's prison that he took a photo of out his jail cell window. Perhaps it was even the 'torture chamber'! Alas, nothing quite so nefarious, but a nice tower none the less! :o)

PJ said...

La photo sur Wikipedia est prise du flan sud (je pense que c'est le sud), à gauche sur ma photo. La face est plus large de cet angle, et c'est la face qu'on voit depuis le quai de Bergen. Je trouvais le plan de ma photo plus intéressant.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to be in a cell in an old tower like that. It gives me shivers in fact. Imagine the stories if the stone could speak. They wouldn't be the 'happy ever after' sort.

Guillaume said...

@Wendy-I thought you'd like it.
@PJ-Je trouve que ta photo a un meilleur angle que celui sur la photo de Wikipedia.
@Anonymous-This is a great setting for a horror story (among other genres).