Saturday 20 January 2018

My place in Liverpool

Funny little bit of anecdote that happened to me recently: I was contacted by an academic association I am still a member of, asking me of my new address. Apparently, they were still sending their letters to my old address in... Liverpool. Which I left more than ten years ago. I had a lovely big room in a lovely Victorian house. A house that was falling apart because the landlady was stingy and not keen on making necessary repairs. But a lovely house nevertheless. This request about my address made me remember the time I spent in Liverpool and how much I enjoyed my time there and then. I now own my own place, I am married with a child, I am far better off, but if I could choose anywhere to live with my family, with the necessary income to live there, this would probably be this Victorian house.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

victorian architecture is by far my favorite.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Old houses like that are money pits.