Saturday 5 February 2022

Dragon Dojo and City Pizza

Last Christmas, Wolfie got quite a few presents, including lots and lots of Legos. His favourite might be a Lego City Town Center set, which was huge. I'm of two minds about Lego: I had lots of fond memories playing with them and building things, but now that I am an adult, I often find them messy. And painful, as the pieces seem attracted to the floor beneath my feet. But there is one part of Lego City which I love: it's a dojo set above a pizza place. The dojo is called Dragon Dojo and, accoring to the box, is owned by a sensei named Madison. The pizza place is called City Pizza and I have no idea who the owner is. But anyway, we spent ages building this particular set, Wolfie and I, which proved quite challenging. There were so many small pieces and so many details to get right, including plants on the roof (Madison has a garden I believe). But the result is, well, pretty impressive. Of course, the set didn't held for very long and it is now shattered. But Wolfie has decided that he wants to rebuild it this weekend. I'm not sure why I love Dragon Dojo and City Pizza so much. Maybe because it channels old memories, watching cheap martial art action movies and eating cheap greasy pizza back in the 80s. This looks like a childhood's dream building.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Those two businesses speak to the experience of urban kids today!