Wednesday 2 February 2022

Rainbow Cake

Last weekend, we went to a petting zoo for the afternoon. Wolfie quite like this place. We had lunch there, then by the end of our stay we had a little snack with a school friend of his and his friend's family (met by chance), who were having an early dinner. I had noticed a rainbow cake and I was curious about it, so I bought one piece for my son and one piece for my wife and I. It was delicious and filling: there is a layer for every colour, and between each layer a bit of icing. Wolfie could not finish his piece, so we brought it home so he could have it for dessert. They were selling a box of rainbow cake making kit, which I might buy next time we go there, even though it's probably a pain to bake and assemble. Anyway, we had lots of fun there, but the cake really made the day.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So cool! I've never had one!

Lady M said...

I seen something like that on the Great British Baking show.