Sunday 27 February 2022

Snakes and Ladders

We haven't had any occasion to play board games in years, or we haven't made the effort, but I have decided to make an effort and rediscover this activity. So I am considering buying our own version of Snakes and Ladders. Its simplicity makes it ideal to play as a family. Wolfie already has one, a freebie received in one of his friends' birthday party (picture here), but it's very small, something you'd use for travelling, and I think we need a decent size one. It's maybe the first board game I ever played. I remember my grandmother had a huge wooden board with a few classic games on it, each one taking one quarter of the board. One of the games was of course Snakes and Ladders. So I will either put it on my list of birthday presents or I will buy it myself. There is that wooden one I found on Amazon, which kind of reminds me of my grandmother's (and it looks really good), but there are so many versions, my choice isn't set yet.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a great game for young kids! A Family Board Game night every week is a fun thing to do and helps socialize youngsters about good sportsmanship and how to both win and lose gracefully. Important life lessons.