Wednesday 16 February 2022

Computer Screen Weather

 Yesterday at work (which means at home), I was in a meeting when I started feeling bored. (I hope I can confess it here, sometimes I do get bored at work. Not that I don't like my work, but there are a few moments in a day when I am bored.). So I quickly glanced at the window and saw that it was pouring outside. I then looked at my screen and discreetly looked at the weather function in the bottom right corner of my screen. It told me that... There was heavy rain at the moment. It even had an umbrella icon, wide open to signify that it was raining a lot. Then another icon came up, a shut umbrella, telling me that the rain was meant to stop at any time from then. And it did. I was both impressed by its accuracy and a bit depressed by the silliness of it all. Because why use the weather function of a computer when you can just look at the window?

No comments: