Sunday 13 February 2022

Spilled red wine

Here is a completely trivial anecdote that I have witnessed yesterday. I am not sure why I am sharing it, maybe because it is trivial and a bit silly and it is one of these little nothings that make life. So anyway, yesterday I went to Marks and Spencer to buy some Valentine's Day presents. There was an old lady among the customers, with a rather large purse. Walking down the aisles, she swung her purse a bit too much and it hit a bottle of red wine, which fell down and broke. Everytime I see this happening, I just hope it was a cheap bottle. I guess it is just a bottle of wine, but I can't help thinking it's a wasteof a good drink, even if it was most likely cheap. The staff was very efficient getting rid of the broken glass and the spilled wine. Almost a shame: it gave the shop a lovely fragrance.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I wonder if M&S has a "you break it, you buy it" policy?

Doréus said...

Cela me rappelle un souper entre amis, à la suite du déménagement de l'un d'eux, où nous avons renversé un verre de rouge sur la superbe nappe brodée en coton... Une action rapide, beaucoup de sel et du frottage vigoureux ont eu raison de la tache, mais nous avons eu une belle peur.