Monday 7 February 2022

Tea with barbaric milk

This weekend, we went to a child's birthday party. The parents offered us adults a cuppa tea, being in England and all. My wife did not want any, since she does not like tea, but I do, so I was happy to oblige. But I stupidly forgot to specify that I wanted mine black. Adding milk to tea is the default serving protocol in this country, a remnant of this island's barbaric past. Still, I drank it without complaining. But it's very much against my principles. I have created a bit of a stir with my British friends on Facebook sharing this picture. It's a very controversial topic it seems, but for me, adding milk to tea is as primitive and uncivilised as killing a horse to appease the gods and bathing yourself in its blood. It should belong to the past.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

read this as i was sipping on my morning tea.....with MILK!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm anti-milk as well.