Sunday 12 January 2020

By the Wallingford Bookshop

What to do to get rid of that Sunday feeling and enjoy the last day of the weekend? Our idea today was to go to Wallingford. There are not many things more enjoyable than a walk in this quaint English town. Of course, on a Sunday, it is rather quiet, which is not a bad thing per se, but unfortunately I cannot stop at the Wallingford Bookshop for some impromptu purchases. Because it's closed on Sunday. I guess my wallet will be better for it (and my wife grateful I will not clutter the bookshelves this time). I still took a snapshot, just because I was walking by. For me this bookshop is like an old friend, the thing that made me love Wallingford. By the way, this post is a good opportunity to share some good news: independent bookshops are actually thriving in the UK at the moment. In an age when a lot of our shopping is done online, this is rather unexpected and reassuring.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good news about independent British bookstores! Alas, it is not the case here.