Friday 10 January 2020

Meghan, Harry and a Tim Hortons coffee?

Well, I wondered if I should mention it, and if so, how to talk about it on this blog. You know the big psychodrama that is happening here: Prince Harry and Meghan are stepping away from their royal duties (such as they are) and are trying to become independent financially. As they have more than 40 millions pounds in the bank, or so I read, I don't think money will be a problem. They are also going to live outside the UK, probably in Canada. Because it is a former colony and in many ways still is. It sort of makes sense: there are plenty of Brits fed up with the dreary weather there who just want to go and live somewhere else (my wife is not one of them, in case you are asking). And to turn this psychodrama on a farce, Tim Hortons are offering the couple (I guess not their baby boy) free coffee when they move in. Really? I have no sympathy for the royal family, but do they really deserve to suffer this? Because coffee is a vile drink, and Tim Hortons' one is as vile as it gets (like a lot of horrors they make). No seriously, no wonder they offer it to the couple for free: who would want to pay for it?

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, Tim Horton's didn't offer free coffee to the baby but maybe they can supply little Archie with their new "Timbits" cereal for life and rot the little teeth right out of his head.

Anonymous said...

I get a big kick out of the royal couple, I say rich people's problems, he Harry is still the grandson to the Queen no matter what happens..He doesn't really have to worry about anything and his wife Meghan the same way she is his wife..I volunteer in the usa for people who worked their entire lives and outlived their mates, husbands/wives and outlived their families, they have little food and little friends, I tell you they would take any money from any person if people would give it to them..Our only child went to university close to Vancouver BC only in the USA she was taught by Canadian citizens professors and many of her classmate Canadian citizens, Vancouver BC is the most expensive province of all of mighty Canada..we visited many times her friends from the lovely land of BC as she called it..Meghan and Harry are rich and I say who cares unless they plan to do something for mankind keep ones opinions to ones self, like I said RICH PROPLES PROBLEMS I DON'T CARE. your blog is sweet, you are the same age of our only child she is wonderful and kind, your little one sounds like a doll baby, your wife even sweeter..I like your blogs, happy 2020 and keep having a wonderful life full of love, peace and kindness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say RICH PEOPLES PROBLEMS, NOT WHAT CAME UP ON MY COMPUTER.. It seems to me all that matters in life is if a person has love in their hearts and not greed..plus being kind has it's own reward, I can sleep very well at night each and everynight..I adore tea always have and love biscuits I mean in my neck of the woods, cookies and goodies even though I am not suppose to have them, they make the tea even better but I digress..I am tired of Harry and Meghan indeedy, surely there are other pressing matters in the world..Give your little one hugs and smooches they grow so fast our little one when she was little could read at 3 and she was something else for it..She is so dadblasted cute and smart she can figure out anything and is fearless and kind, so kind..She reads and is a tea lover too, her favorite destination was London for a month she ate up Shakespeare and all that London had to offer, she likes the Brits and they visit her in NYC often and she goes to England on holiday a lot..she learns so much..Enjoy 2020! peace and joy to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!