Thursday 2 January 2020

An anecdote about the Millenium

This may be the last post I write about the new year. I don't like to dwell on it too much, as it is not something I like to celebrate. I don't really do or follow new year's resolutions, although I do make myself some objectives for the year, just not resolutions per se. Anyway, something came to my mind about my indifference towards new year celebrations: when the year 2,000 came, with all the madness surrounding it, I was in my bedroom, in my parent's house, listening to music on a tape (it was a long time ago and one of the last times I listened to something on a tape). I could have been in one of the bars, I could even have spent it in the UK like many of my friends, but no, the new Millenium came to me in a whimper. And I don't think I missed something.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I can't remember what I was doing on Y2K, but I had gone out to buy a huge bottle of water (just in case)!