Thursday 1 August 2019

August and me

Today is the first of August. A month I used to dislike as a child, like I disliked Sundays: because it was an ominous time. August was the last month of summertime and of holidays. Now, I still feel a similar melancholy, but I don't dislike the month as I used to. It took me a while and a few years as an adult to discover some fondness for it. Now my holidays are not necessarily in August (although I often end up with a holiday break in that month) and as I don't really like summer. This year, I find the month rather promising. And you, how do you feel about August?

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

in a strange way august is one of my favorite months. i still hate the sun and heat but i occasionally catch a coolness in the breeze and i know fall is coming. i try to do something fall-like each day and relish it.