Thursday 29 August 2019

Meatloaf

Sorry I could not take any better picture, but this is the meatloaf my mother-in-law made for us a few days ago. My wife is vegetarian, so she had something else. I suspect my in-laws to think that I am being deprived of meaty food all year round. Wolfie and I loved it. Before last year, when Wolfie's maternal grandmother made me rediscover it, I hadn't had meatloaf since childhood and I had forgotten how good it was. In fact, I don't remember the meatloafs my babysitters made tasting as nice as this one. I kind of wonder why it took me so long to rediscover it, because mhis is the kind of hearty dish which I love to have. I think it is becoming some kind of tradition for our visits here. I will not complain.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

everyone loves my meatloaves. meatloaf made properly is a real treat!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like a good meatloaf every once in awhile too. Plus when it's cold, it makes great sandwich meat.

Lady M said...

That's comfort food at its best.