Saturday 31 August 2019

Time for crab apples jelly

My parents made these jars of crab apples jelly, from the crab apple tree they have, which produces a lot of fruits. It is harvest time now. The jelly will last for the rest of the year, easily. This pic just shows a small part of the production. I love crap abble jelly, but also what it represents: as you know, it is for me one of the first autumn harvests. When we start making the jelly, or spread the content of a new jar on our toasts for breakfast, it means autumn is either here, or at least very, very close.

4 comments:

Pik-Cor said...

Yummy! I used to go to a summer camp near Rawdon, QC where the cook made crab apple jelly in August. It was my favourite toast spread!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love crab apple jelly too. My Mom used to make it when I was a little girl.

Lady M said...

That's some good looking jelly. Autumn is coming!

PJ said...

C'est pas facile avoir une gelée claire qui se tient comme la nôtre. La plupart du monde utilise des pommettes trop mures qui manquent de pectine. Cela dit, j'ai bien hâte d'essayer la cuvée 2019.