Friday 16 August 2019

"An air of autumn"

Before I tell this anecdotal story, I want to say one disclaimer: I swear I did not made it up, or put words in someone else's mouth. So yesterday, as I was chit-chatting with my boss and a colleague about the weather (that's what happens when you live in the UK, you talk about the weather a lot), my boss said that the day had "an air of autumn". So I am not the only one feeling the season coming. There is nothing more to say. The days have an air of autumn to them. Autumn is coming and I am very happy about this.

2 comments:

Rachel Lucas said...

The old farming calendar says that August is indeed the first month of Autumn...and it makes total sense and the weather always changes mid-month I find. We are a month out these days. The Autumn solstice on 21st September was designed to be in the centre of the season! So that's how I think...

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it has to arrive sooner or later...i just hope it sooner. it's terribly hot and humid here.