Saturday 28 October 2017

Wolfie and Halloween

I blogged about this book of Halloween stories, aptly and simply called Halloween, edited by Paula Guran before. I finished it last Thursday and will try to blog about it again to dwell on it a bit more and to plug it properly. But right now, I just wanted to tell an anecdote about it and my baby boy Wolfie, who is one year old and to a lesser extend this book. Wolfie loves books. No, he adores books. All books, but some more than others. Recently, I also discovered that he is fascinated by Halloween or, more precisely, by the many decorations I put in the house. The Jack O'Lanterns, the skeletons, all these things. He is not scared by them, in fact he giggles, screams with excitement when he looks at them. Particularly the Jack O'Lanterns. And as you can see, he is also fascinated by his father's spooky reads. He has been curious about all my horror and Halloween books, more than the children Halloween books we bought him (except one). So I captured a few moments this morning when he was checking this Halloween book. I think he will love the holiday just as much as me.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! how cute!

Deadpan Flook said...

Yay! A future Countdown contributor in the making! ;)