Monday 2 October 2017

Pumpkin carving planning

I saw this last week at Morrisons, which cheered me up a lot: pumpkins are now available. Unfortunately this being England, the "large" pumpkins are anything but large: they are of medium size at best. It's not like where I come from, where walking home with one was a painful exercise, like carrying a bag of bowling balls. But at least the display is nice. I will need to find at least three pumpkins this year: one for this family, the other two for the Ticklers. They paid a visit to my wife last Friday and they want to do another pumpkins carving party like last year. So we should have one again. This may be the start of a new tradition.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, it is up to you to see that the art of pumpkin-carving gains a real foothold in England!

Magic Love Crow said...

Have fun pumpkin carving!!