Friday 27 October 2017

The Screaming Skull

No, this is not this one. What you see on the picture is a very normal, silent, not haunted one which you can find in The Golden Fleece Inn in York. The most haunted pub in England, apparently. But it does not have a screaming skull. It does accompany very well my post on the topic of one great scary story of F. Marion Crawford called... The Screaming Skull. With a bit fo research, I found it on PDF at this link. Crawford based his story on an old legend and it is a perfectly scary read for Halloween. Therefore I suggest it for tonight's countdown to Halloween post. Please tell me what you think of it in the comments.

1 comment:

Deadpan Flook said...

Have added this to my reading list, but it'll probably be nearer Christmas by the time I get to read it! There are quite a few Screaming Skull legends from all around England, and at least one from Scotland..Let's just say it's always a good idea to leave skulls where you find them! ;)