Wednesday 18 May 2016

Longing for an English holiday

This is the Royal Seven Stars Hotel of Totnes in Devon. We did not stay or ate there during our holidays, but the place looked so exotic and well, picturesque that we took a photo of it. It is only peripheral to this post's topic, but it does accompany it very well. I often go through the pictures of our holidays. We usually go to one English holiday every year. But this year, what with the relocating and purchase of a new home, we will neither have the time nor the money to spend on a holiday, even an English one. I will probably take time off work, but it will be for staycation and to sort things out. I don't mind too much as a lot of things are happening and I will not have time to be bored. Still, these days, mainly because of the stress of buying house, I wish we had time for a short break somewhere in England. This country of full of places full of charm.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's good to have a staycation when you are moving!

Nellie said...

Oh! I didn't know you were buying a house! How exciting - and time-consuming at the same time! It is England's charm that gives me the desire to travel there. I'm not sure that will ever happen, however.:-( Thank you so much for visiting my little blog.