Friday 30 November 2012

Saint Andrew's Day's Treats

I am sure nobody noticed, but it is Saint Andrew's Day today. Saint Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland. I often forget it, Google reminded me today that it was Saint Andrew's Day. It is also the end of November, which means it was absolutely frantic at work today. I didn't have time to go to the local sandwich shop. My colleagues and I had to ask our Kiwi colleague to go and buy our sandwiches for us. Still, I had my usual treat: chicken baguette, with tomatoes, lettuce, salt and pepper, Coca Cola and cashew nuts. And for breakfast, as it was a colleague's birthday, there was a heavy, absolutely decadent chocolate cake available. The last day of November was exhausting, but overall enjoyable.

3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

There is a St. Andrews about 1 1/2 from here.. now you have me wondering is they celebrated anything there, too.

Gwen Buchanan said...

"1 1/2 Hours"

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Chocolate cake for breakfast? I envy you.