Thursday 8 November 2012

Bram Stoker on Google

I was not planning to blog that much tonight, in fact I have been feeling uninspired the whole week (I thought about writing on an election, but everybody is doing it), however a look at Google this morning at work gave me the inspiration for an extra post tonight. So the Google Doodle today celebrated Bram Stoker's 165th birthday. It is a great Doodle, with all the main characters of the novel, elegantly displayed in black and white, dominated by Dracula's figure. Anyway you can see it here, I decided to upload it. Dracula is maybe my favourite horror novel, one of the first I read. I discovered more work by Stoker in later years, I still need to read more of him. He wrote great horror fiction before and after his most famous novel and I thought I needed to pay homage to the writer here.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The only thing I've ever read by him is Dracula. Didn't know he wrote anything else, LOL!

Guillaume said...

He never was a full time writer, in fact he took so long to write Dracula partially because he had a busy professional life.