Tuesday 10 July 2012

A painting for a rainy day

It was pouring rain today. Not every minute, obviously, but when it did, it poured. I walked home from the train station and got soaked to the bone. I was looking for a way to illustrate/express the general feeling of being in the pouring rain. Rain is pretty much an obsession here, every time of the year, but especially now. And then I thought of Fabian Perez's paintings, and decided to upload one here. I have developed an obsession for his work since I saw it in a local art gallery. I thought this painting would express better than my words the atmosphere of these rainy days. So here it is.

5 comments:

PJ said...

Je dirais pas non à un peu de pluie ici. On a pratiquement rien eu depuis des semaines, et le gazon est jaune partout.

Guillaume said...

On pourrait t'en envoyer à la pelle.

tao.owl said...

I really like this painting, thanks for sharing. It has been pretty wet on this side of the pond as well with lots of lightning to accompany.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful painting, and it captures the mood so well. You can't see the miserable, soaked sods under the umbrellas, but you can sense them just the same.

Guillaume said...

@tao.owl-I love a good storm. We had some here, but not big ones.
@Anonymous-One feels soaking wet just looking at it.