Friday 1 October 2010

Countdown to Halloween

So today was the first day of October. It is for me the official countdown to Halloween, although I have my officious one which starts in September. But this evening, I took out Grizelda and put her on display in the living room. I hope to find more witches to decorate the flat.It might be a long month for my wife.

This Jack O'Lantern I carved last year, as people may remember. I am always proud of the Jack O'Lanterns I carve. But last year's ones were really good, much better than the year before. Soon I will buy another pumpkin (maybe more) and I will try to better myself in the art of Jack O'Lantern carving.

When I was a child, my brothers and I were playing a "Halloween game" throughout autumn, now I will just read ghost stories and watch horror movies. Yes, my wife will probably find the month a bit long.

3 comments:

suzanne said...

That's an impressive jack-o-lantern. Looking forward to this year's. :)

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well welcome back Grizelda! It is indeed October finally and the countdown begins. A good month for witches I'd say...and jack o' lanterns. Yours looks great. Can't wait to see what you carve up this year! :o)

Guillaume said...

Thanks gals.