Saturday 9 October 2010

Wisdom from Saint Anthony

I got this quote from an email of the Anthony Burgess Foundation, obviously from my favourite author:

"The world has so much solace to offer: love, food, music, the immense variety of race and language, literature, the pleasure of artistic creation".

Like many of the things he said, I feel that this line apply to my life (past and present) perfectly. I am not really an artist though, although I do enjoy the artistic creation of others and I can sometimes be artistic as an amateur. In any case, I take comfort in all those things, they make me forget that I am an expatriate, that the weather is bad, that the week is monotonous.
 

4 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Here Here....couldn't agree more! Hope you are having a great Autumn weekend! :o)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Guillaume, I believe everyone is an artist...

Guillaume said...

@Wendy-Thanks!
@Gwen-In my case, I am still a wannabe. You are a true artist.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Don't fool yourself...
......You are an Artist!