Tuesday 3 November 2009

Jack O'Lanterns

This year's Halloween is passed and gone and I thought I would put here pictures of the two Jack O'Lanterns I did this year, before Autumn turns to Winter and this blog takes different colours. I think I did a better work than last year. I managed to make them quite ghostly and with just enough malevolence in their facial inexpression. I love Jack O'Lanterns, I also love the character they are based on. I might blog about Jack O'Lantern the legendary character for next Halloween. I made my own little variation of the tale, which I might write next year too. Until then, here are some versions of it. I am somewhat impatient for Halloween 2010. This year it happened too fast. It always happens too fast.

3 comments:

The Gill-Man said...

VERY cool Jack-O's!

I agree, October went by WAY too fast this year, and I really am still in the mood for Halloween (of course, I'm USUALLY in the mood, so that isn't saying much!). Still, my head is filled with all sorts of great ideas for my yard next year. This is the first year that I felt my "yard haunt" was actually starting to truly feel the way I want it to, so I'm anxious to incorporate more ideas into it. *sigh* I guess it's just an excercise in patience, eh?

Guillaume said...

Thanks. I don't celebrate Halloween in England as much as I want to really, I will try to do more and better next year.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh the Jacks are superb Guilluame! I think you did and excellent job in giving them very unique expressions. I do hope that you will write a Halloween tale as well.

I must admit that it came WAY TOO FAST for me this year as well. I was caught completely off guard and lots of things were missed this year. So I too am vowing to start now in my preparations for next year. I have so many things I want to do. At least it is not just I who feels the year flew by too fast. I do think time is speeding up.